Having cameras is great, but cameras are NOT a security system!
Security cameras are available more than ever to help give you peace of mind. We believe in them so much that we carry a variety of camera options to suit many commercial and residential needs. However, cameras are not a comprehensive solution for your security and peace of mind – they are simply one part of the puzzle.
A monitored burglar alarm provides
- 24/7/365 local monitoring: If you are in Eastern NC and have a burglar alarm, smoke/CO/heat detector through Holmes, you can have confidence in your system and response time because we are the only company that can LOCALLY monitor your system 24/7/365. Security cameras, however, only record what happens when activated.
- Immediate response: When your monitored burglar alarm, or smoke/co/heat detector is triggered, our professional monitoring station team calls you and calmly dispatches the proper emergency personnel during an unexpected event, no matter where you are. This quick action can help catch burglars before they can escape and reduce the chances of catastrophic loss. Security cameras, on the other hand, may be unable to provide real-time indications of problems, which can delay the response time.
- Deterrent effect: The mere presence of a monitored security system can deter burglars. They know that if they trigger the alarm, the authorities will be alerted, and they will be caught. Security cameras, on the other hand, may have a different deterrent effect. After all, we have all seen camera footage AFTER bad decisions have been made within view of those cameras.
Of course, security cameras have their advantages. For example, they can provide you with video footage of an event, which can be helpful for law enforcement investigations. They can also be used to monitor your home or business when you are not there.
Ultimately, the best way to protect your home is to use a combination of security cameras, security systems, and monitored life safety devices such as Smoke/CO/Heat detectors. A comprehensive solution provides you with the best of both worlds: the deterrence effect and the ability to review video footage of an event.
Here are some additional things to consider when choosing between a monitored burglar alarm and security cameras:
- Your budget: Each home is different, and every homeowner can have different areas of concern. That is why our team works with you to customize the right solution for your peace of mind that works within your budget. A life safety & security system is an investment in your peace of mind so that your family and belongings are protected 24/7.
- Your needs: A security system is a good option if you want a solution to deter burglars and prevent possible incidents before you see it on the video playback. Adding security cameras, video doorbells, and other innovative home features to your system adds to the convenience of having an all-in-one system.
The team at Holmes Security is here to provide exceptional service, professional installation, and innovative technology while giving you peace of mind. If you want to learn more about how we can help you at your residence or business, contact us today for a free assessment 910-483-1196.